In October 2014, the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District introduced a new, Waterless Urinal rebate program. Businesses who pay their water bill to the following water agencies are eligible to participate and receive a rebate of up to $150.
- City of Alhambra
- City of Sierra Madre
- City of Monterey Park
- Azusa Light and Water (zip code 91702 only)
- Waterless urinals contribute positively to the environment
- Waterless urinals do not use any water and will protect our natural waterways and oceans
- Each urinal will save an average 20,000 to 45,000 gallons of water a year
- Reduce ongoing maintenance costs
- Improve hygiene--urinals easier to clean
Steps to claim your rebate of up to $150:
- This program is for commercial water customers only!
- Urinals must be installed in SGVMWD's service area (Alhambra, Monterey Park, Sierra Madre, Azusa 91702 zip code only)
- Review the Qualifying List of Waterless Urinals
- Apply Online or download, complete and mail in the Rebate Application along with your sales receipt and water bill.
- $150 rebate per waterless urinal. The number of urinal rebates is limited to 20 per business.
- Rebate amount is not to exceed the purchase price (not including sales tax).
- Rebate check will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks of submittal.
- A Thinking Green Consultants' representative is available to answer any questions you may have.
Please call (855) 512-1221 for assistance.
Be Water Wise
To learn more about an extensive rebate program that is offered in other parts of Southern California (not necessarily within the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District's service area), please visit the water conservation web site of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.