If you are a resident of Alhambra, Monterey Park, or Sierra Madre, the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District is offering a rebate up to $100 for the purchase of up to 4 rain barrels.
What is a rain barrel?
- It is a container that collects and stores rain water from downspouts and rooftops for future watering needs.
- A garden barrel, generally sized between 50 and 60 gallons, comes in a wide variety of materials, designs and colors.
Why use rain barrels?
- Help your community and environment
- Conserve water and reduce storm water runoff
- The collected water can be used for all your outdoor water needs or other household chores
- It only takes a half inch of rain from the average-sized roof to completely fill a 55 gallon rain barrel
Steps to claim your rebate:
Step 1: Rebate Guidelines
- Each service address is eligible for up to four (4) rain barrel rebates.
- Rain barrel must have a minimum capacity of 50 gallons.
- Rain barrels must be purchased as a unit and not be home made using separate parts/pieces.
- Rebates do not apply to sales tax and labor charges.
Step 2: Purchase your rain barrel at any hardware store, home and garden store or online. If you buy locally, you will be supporting our local economy.
Step 3: Apply Online or download, complete and mail in the Rebate Application along with a copy of the sales receipt and mail it to:
Thinking Green Consultants
P. O. Box 1011
Truckee, CA 96160
Step 3: Receive a check up to $100 in approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
For more information call (855) 512 -1221
Be Water Wise
To learn more about an extensive rebate program that is offered in other parts of Southern California (not necessarily within the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District's service area), please visit the water conservation web site of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.