In September 2014, the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District introduced a new, Smart Irrigation Controller rebate program. Residents who pay their water bill to the City of Alhambra, City of Monterey Park and City of Sierra Madre are eligible to participate and receive a rebate of up to $150.
Smart Irrigation Controllers
- Can reduce over-watering by an estimated 40 gallons per day
- Can increase outdoor water use efficiency by monitoring and using information about site and soil moisture conditions
- Help create healthy plants and vegetation
- Help you comply with drought-related water use restrictions
- Save money and can pay for themselves in a short period of time!
Steps to claim your rebate:
Step 1: Read Rebate Guidelines
Step 2: Review the list of eligible smart controllers:
Step 2: Purchase your smart controller at any hardware store, home and garden store, or online. We recommend you support our local economy and shop local!
Step 3: Apply Online or download the Rebate Application, complete and mail in the rebate application along with a copy of the sales receipt and your water bill.
Step 4: A check for up to $150 will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks of submittal.
For More Information Please Call (855) 512-1221
Be Water Wise
To learn more about an extensive rebate program that is offered in other parts of Southern California (not necessarily within the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District's service area), please visit the water conservation web site of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.