If you pay your water bill to City of Sierra Madre, Monterey Park or Alhambra, the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District is offering you a rebate up to $40 on the purchase of a premium high-efficiency toilet. Rebates are available for residential, multi-family and commercial customers.
Why buy a high-efficiency toilet?
- The largest amount of water used inside (30%) goes toward flushing the toilet.
- Your toilet actually needs much less water to flush properly than you think!
- Upgrading to a high-efficiency toilet can reduce your total water usage by roughly 16%
- Annual water savings of 20,000 gallons per year for a family of four!
Steps to claim your rebate:
Step 1: Rebate Guidelines
- Toilets must be EPA approved Water Sense labeled and must use 1.1 gallons per flush or less.
- Rebate amount not to exceed purchase price of toilet.
- Residential customers qualify for up to two (2) rebates.
- Multi-family and Commercial customers qualify up to twenty (20). Requests for more than 20 are subject to funding availability, call (855) 512-1221 for further information.
NOTES: Multi-Family/Commercial customers: Rebate applicant must be the account holder or a duly authorized representative (e.g. property manager). Contractors and maintenance companies cannot apply for a rebate on a property they do not own. Rebate check will be payable to name on water bill i.e. company/organization name or customer name.
Step 2: Purchase a toilet from the list of qualified premium high-efficiency toilets that use 1.1 gallons per flush or less: Search List of Qualified High-Efficiency Toilets
Step 3: Apply Online or Mail Rebate Application with a copy of water bill and a valid sales receipt. Mail to:
Thinking Green Consultants
P. O. Box 3268
La Habra, CA 90632-3268
Step 5: The processing of your rebate application will take approximately 8-10 weeks. Rebates are administered by Thinking Green Consultants.
For more information call (855) 512 -1221