In February 2018, the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District introduced the Soil Moisture Sensor Systems rebate program. Residents who pay their water bill to the City of Alhambra, City of Monterey Park and City of Sierra Madre are eligible to participate and receive a rebate of up to $80.
Soil Moisture Sensor Systems
- Can reduce over-watering by monitoring soil moisture.
- Can increase outdoor water use efficiency by monitoring and using information about site and soil moisture conditions
- Help create healthy plants and vegetation
- Help you comply with drought-related water use restrictions
- Save money and can pay for themselves in a short period of time!
Steps to claim your rebate:
Step 1: Read Rebate Guidelines
- Properties using recycled water or well water do not qualify.
- This program is for residential customers only.
- One (1) rebate per residential customer.
- Site must have at least 500 SF of existing irrigated landscape area and have an existing in-ground irrigation system.
- New construction does not qualify.
- Must include a sensor and a calibrator (typically sold together in the same device) and an irrigation controller.
- Total rebate amount shall not exceed the cost of the device (excludes sales tax and labor costs).
Step 2: Review the list of eligible soil moisture sensor systems:
Step 3: Purchase your sensor system at any hardware store, home and garden store, or online. We recommend you support our local economy and shop local!
Step 4: Mail Rebate Application with a copy of the sales receipt and a copy of your water bill to:
Thinking Green Consultants
PO Box 1011
Truckee, CA 96160
Step 5: A check for up to $80 will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks. Rebates are administered by Thinking Green Consultants. For More Information Please Call (855) 512-1221.